Tarte - Amazonian Clay Foundation Review

08:47:00

My nan always watches QVC and so I have been too, the brand Tarte kept popping up and I was really keen to try the Amazonian Clay foundation. After that I kept seeing Tarte pop up everywhere and so with some left over birthday money I decided to indulge myself!


I picked up the shade in Fair Sand which is for fair skin with yellow undertones, I don't think this was the shade I ordered because I really don't think I have yellow undertones. I have more of a peachy tone in my face but this shade wasn't actually that dissimilar to mine.

I bought this as a duo from QVC for £33 plus P+P, so I basically got the brush for free.


First things first I actually love the packaging, it fits the brand image incredibly well. I found it actually quite refreshing to use something that's not plastic and heavy. The foundation claims to be full coverage however I felt it was more of a medium coverage with the ability to build it up to a full coverage should you want to. I'll admit the first time I used this foundation I didn't get on well with it, it didn't look like I was wearing foundation and so I felt the expensive price tag was a pointless, wasted one. However I'm not one to give up without a fight so I tried this foundation for a second time and again it didn't sit right, this time it was blotchy and where I have dry skin it didn't blend in at all, it just overly enhanced my dry skin.



With the above being said I was ready to give up on the Tarte foundation but then I thought maybe it was something I was doing wrong so I decided to watch some Youtube videos on this to see if other people had the same trouble I did. Turns out the best way to apply this with the supplied brush is to buff/dab instead of blending. I did this and it definitely worked much better and I decided to use more foundation than before and I was fully covered. 

This foundation is so lightweight and with the full coverage it offers, assuming you apply it right, it really does feel as though you're wearing no foundation at all but with the flawless look. The brush this comes with is absolutely amazing, the bristles are super soft making it feel amazing on your skin and with the right technique you can achieve the look you desire.

Overall I am mediocre on this foundation, I probably, ok definitely wont buy it again but it's not the worst foundation I've used. I was actually really disappointed about this foundation but overly joyed with the brush.

Let me know if any of you have had any bad experiences with Tarte Amazonian Clay foundaton or any experiences at all.

xxx 

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. It's a shame you didn't love this, I've never tried anything from Tarte but I really want to try their Rainforest Of The Sea foundation, I've heard such good things about it!

    Lauren Ashleigh xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try this, and I've heard really good things about it! I'm sad to hear that it wasn't amazing :(

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try this, and I've heard really good things about it! I'm sad to hear that it wasn't amazing :(

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit lazy with my foundations so I'm not sure I'd want to buy something you have to use in a special way, I can see why you're not overjoyed with the product. The brush looks amazing though and I love everything from Tarte that I've tried!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen a lot of beauty gurus rave over this foundation and I'm so tempted to give it a go! I'm not usually a fan of foundations because I don't like the way it heavily sits on my skin, but this one seems to the job right without being a burden! Thanks for sharing x

    Paper Hobbit | www.paperhobbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great and helpful post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pity about the foundation! I've only tried blushes and eyeshadows from Tarte and they are lovely! The brush sounds great too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you gave such an honest review, it is so disappointing when you hear amazing things about a product and then when you try it you end up being disappointed. The brush looks good!

    Much love,
    Marianne x www.beautiful-in-essence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw I would love to try this, I've only heard good things, so far. It's such a shame you didn't get on with it, especially at that price. I really appreciate you writing an honest review, it's so refreshing!

    Katie | Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually I heard people raving about this. I've never tried their foundations though ☺
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard so many good reviews on this brand, so I believe that this is pretty good to try too :)

    - Lily Widjaja

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've honestly never heard much about this before, thanks for the honest review though! I'm loving your blog too, would love to follow each other, let me know! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. The foundation sounds great :)

    www.salmashaheensblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a shame you didn't get on with it, especially as it was so expensive. Apparently the concealer version is really good x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This foundation brush is one of my favourites! It blends foundation so easily and seamlessly, and works with almost any formula. At least you liked the brush!

    Katherine || The Green Bows

    ReplyDelete
  16. Its a shame you didn't love this one :/ Such a great, honest review though! xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I almost picked this up in the US (they don't have my shade on QVC UK) but maybe it's a good job I didn't - I have heard a few mixed reviews which is what held me back

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Disclaimer

All pictures on this blog are my own, unless otherwise stated. As of 03/04/2016 I have no association with any brands, all posts are based on products I own and have bought myself.

Popular Posts