Sport Relief Training

09:07:00

For those of you that know me, know I'm the least athletic person you'll meet HOWEVER I am keen on doing some charity work whenever I can so when my office decided we would be running for Sport Relief on 20th March, I was eager to jump on board - even more when our company told us they would give us £500 towards our target of £1000 if 10 employees took part. I enjoy taking on a challenge and so I thought this would be a good opportunity to try and increase my fitness, whilst loosing a bit of weight and at the same time raising money for a good cause!



After reading that you're probably thinking wow, what a brilliant thing to do however I am only running 3 miles! I have never been able to run up the stairs without loosing my breath so if I can do this then that in itself is an achievement for me. 

The run is in less than a week and I am only a third of the way there, I can currently run 1.24 miles without caving in - my goal seems incredibly far away and right now impossible. I have hit so many hurdles whilst trying to train for this such as my inability to control my breathing thus stopping before I have even started.  

Last night I tried to change things up a bit and went for a run along the seafront, it was absolutely beautiful. I think it helped, it's the furthest I have managed to run and I feel I somewhat made an improvement on my breathing towards the end.


The weather has been lovely this week which meant it was even nicer in the evening when running and I loved the smell of the sea blushing past in the wind - a perk of living on the coast!

We have nearly reached our target and we could use as many donations as possible, just £20 could provide life saving medication for 100 children with Malaria in Uganda. Imagine what £1000 could do.

Please go and donate whether it be £2 or £10 anything will make a difference.

Let me know if anyone has any tips on improving my running capability.

xxx
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. The seafront where you were running looks beautiful! Good luck with the run lovely :) xx
    www.chasingbelle23.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, what an amazing thing to do! And I totally can't run 3 miles either!

    RachelShuchatMakeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an amazing thing to do! Wishing you lots of luck with the run xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even manage to run 1 miles without losing my breath :) Good luck to you!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was literally me before I began training!

      Delete
  5. That's awesome! It will be so rewarding. Good luck! :)
    ♥NY
    Yours Truly, NY | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was! We raised over £1100 :)

      Delete
  6. good luck with your run! you can certainly already run further than I can!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome positive post! Good luck on your run!

    xo
    http://www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I lived near the sea.. it looks stunning... I was always bad in running and I absolutely hate it :D So I have no tips, really... But having a goal that is measurable definitely helps :) xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so unfit so 3 miles sounds really impressive to me! Good luck with your challenge lovely. I can't wait to read how you get on.

    Roxie | The Beautiful Bluebird

    ReplyDelete

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Disclaimer

All pictures on this blog are my own, unless otherwise stated. As of 03/04/2016 I have no association with any brands, all posts are based on products I own and have bought myself.

Popular Posts